Monday, March 1, 2010

I'm more honest with you than any friend or enemy will be

I had a new client in on Saturday. She was referred to me by one of my favorite clients. This woman had been going to an other hair stylist for quite some time because they were friends. The reason this client found her way to me, was because she was not happy with her hair after her friend had done it. I told her, though I love and adore most of my clients, and consider them friends, I am not here to be your friend, I am here to make you as beautiful as I can. My friendship is, at times, a perk. I can promise you that you will not leave my shop looking bad - friend or not.

So, I say this to anyone who goes to someone to have any service done - Do not go to someone only because you are friends with them. Go because they are great at what they do. Friendship is not worth a bad hair cut, color, or waxing service. I may sound shallow, among other things, but appearance is important. It's already hard enough to maintain what

My first client of the day today came in to get her hair styled for a funeral. Her best friend of 40+ years passed away on Weds. I get to see people in almost every aspect of their lives. At their best, at their worst, and everything in between. No matter their situation, I always try to be a day maker for them. The smallest thing can make someones day - opening the door, letting someone in traffic (both of these can easily make my day, so I try to do them for others often), and so many other things.

So, what have we learned in this first blog? Don't go to a business if it's based purely on friendship, and not their skill in the profession, and to be a day maker - and expect nothing in return (though a 'thank you' is always nice!).

Tune in next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment